Subject: Re: [boost] GSoC SIMD project
From: Joel Falcou (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-28 14:33:46

On 28/02/11 20:06, Tim Blechmann wrote:
>> Joel Falcou and I have a SIMD library in the works that we plan to
>> submit to Boost by May; we've also submitted a boostcon talk on the subject.
> out of curiosity: do you support any `advanced' SIMD operations like libm
> functions for SIMD vectors and the like? i have a small generic SIMD library
> [1], which implements a subset of libm in a generic way. it might be an
> interesting gsoc project to add some kind of SIMD math support, if it is not in
> there, yet ... the functionality is not trivial to implement, but gives some
> considerable speedup ...

we have libm and more, just extracting list of function from the
trigonometric toolbox give us this:

https://github.com/MetaScale/nt2/tree/master/include/nt2/toolbox/trigonometric/function

for info, our sin/cos is like 9 cycles/value (~40 cycles per vector of
float) with a 1-2 ulp of precision.
we also have a degraded fast sin/cos that only works on the
trigonometric circle and yields 2.7 cycles/values.
Other speed up are roughly the same.

and here is our complete toolbox list so far :

https://github.com/MetaScale/nt2/tree/master/include/nt2/toolbox