Subject: Re: [boost] GSoC SIMD project
From: Antoine de Maricourt (antoine.de-maricourt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-28 18:19:05

> Source is at <http://github.com/MetaScale/nt2/> in include/nt2/sdk/simd
> but it's not quite user-friendly yet (no docs etc.).
>
> Announcements will be made when docs and tutorials are available. Some
> good tutorials will be made at Boostcon ;).

That's great.

I have been working for two or three months now on a low level core
library, but with possibly different goals. I was not that much
interested into developping a comprehensive math library, but mostly
into being able to target GPUs.

I came out with proto being used as a front end and driving a back end
that generates GPU specific source code (OpenCL, or vendor specific
langage such as AMD CAL IL, or even CPU instructions using SSE Intel
intrinsics for instance). The generated code is then compiled again and
run inside GPU runtime environment. However, this is probably very
simple minded compared to NT2, and given the time I spent on it.

So, is NT2 able to target GPU? and to take into acount GPU's programing
model?

Best regards,

        Antoine.