Subject: Re: [boost] differences between sandbox and 1.46.0
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-02 12:58:08

>So my questions are:
>- is the sandbox supposed to be up to date compared to the trunk?

No, like all branches it's a snapshot of Trunk at the time it was branched.

>- if not, there is a risk that people spend time working with wrong
>code; can we think of a procedure to update the sandbox when new
>versions are issued?

Not automatically, synching different branches is error prone and may
require resolving conflicts. That said there shouldn't be any radical
changes since that branch was made? In theory when you;re ready (and the
extensions are accepted) we just merge the diffs you've made into Trunk.

John.