Subject: [boost] [xint] Review
From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-02 13:06:54

Hi there,

first I like to congratulate Chad for his very valuable contribution
to the boost community.

> 3. Please explicitly state in your review whether the library should be accepted.

YES!

> 4. The general review checklist is provided below:
>
> - What is your evaluation of the design?

Looks very thought out to me. No complains.

I find the code pretty hard to read. Is it true that the code is cut
to 80 characters a line? I'm not sure if that's a good decision.

There are plenty of warnings when warning level is set to 4 on VS2010.
Most of them are "warning C4127: conditional expression is constant"
which seems to me that they could be removed by using compile time
polymorphism.

Looks very nice. Just one thing. Where can I find a list of
preprocessor symbols that are used during the compilation process. For
instance, I like to know more about BOOST_XINT_MOVE.

The rsa example is missing the "iterator" header.

> - What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?

If someone needs a bigint lib he/she should look no further. Would be
interesting to see how well this lib compares to similar C libs in
terms of performance and functionality.

> - Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have any
> problems?

I used it with VS2010 in 64bit configuration.

> - How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A quick
> reading? In-depth study?

A glance with some example code testing.

> - Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?

Not really.

Regards,
Christian