Subject: Re: [boost] [1.46.1] branches/release open for bug fixes only
From: eg (egoots_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-03 13:35:40

On 3/1/2011 5:12 PM, Beman Dawes wrote:
> We are going to do a point release next week. branches/release is now
> open for merging bug fixes only, including documentation fixes.
>
> As always, please make sure the fix is stable on trunk before merging
> to release.
>
> The cutoff for merging is noon Eastern US time on Tuesday, March 8th.
> We have to hold to a tight schedule because of other commitments later
> in the month.

I just entered a documentation ticket #5258 (apologies if I didn't get
the correct components and version settings...).

It looks like there was at least one important fix for the Iostreams
library that occurred in V1.46. The fix was for ticket #4590

However, there is no end user documentation (release notes) that this
fix occurred.

It would be nice if a note could be added to the library release notes
for this release. To help out I added a proposed patch to the above
ticket which contains a change for the iostreams library release notes
documentation (I hope this looks okay).

Ideally it would be nice if a note could be added to the relevant
"http://www.boost.org/users/download/version_1_46_0" what's new page for
iostreams too.
I would have added a quick patch for this too, but I don't know where
this lives in the source tree (the contents of above patch is probably
all that needs to be added).