Subject: Re: [boost] [xint] Boost.XInt formal review
From: Dick Bridges (Dick.Bridges_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-03 13:14:49

This is not a review, simply a question with regard to the
default_random_generator constructor.

If I'm reading random.hpp correctly, there is no way for a user to provide
the seed value - a useful

feature for folks like myself that use PRNGs to model stochastic processes.
We frequently need to

repeat a particular sequence of 'random numbers'. Any chance the seed could
be passed as a

parameter defaulted to the existing hard coded time/clock? As long as I'm
asking, perhaps the ability

to provide a special-purpose generator of our own design?

I'd also like to express my appreciation for the effort you've obviously
expended on this project.

Thank you.

Dick Bridges

Western Digital Technologies, Inc.

The opinions and data in this missive are my own and do not necessarily
represent Western Digital positions, strategies, or opinions.