Subject: Re: [boost] SVN slow again?
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-04 22:06:17

On 3/4/2011 11:42 AM, John Maddock wrote:
>>> As things stand, the chances of me being able to merge anything to
>>> release, is basically zero.
>>
>> I just made one minor server change which might help. So try it now.
>
> Lasted less than a minute before:
>
> svn: REPORT of '/svn/boost/!svn/vcc/default': Could not read response
> body: Secure connection truncated (https://svn.boost.org)
>
> Thanks for trying though! John.

I just turned on write-access commits from the HTTP side. So you should
be able to do a checkout with authentication without HTTPS. Of course
the password will be sent in the clear. The theory is that removing the
HTTPS will work around the bug in HTTPS+WebDav. And of course relieve
some CPU stress on the server. I was able to flawlessly do a trunk
checkout, and a simple commit.

HTH.

PS. Since the password is in the clear.. Please consider your choice of
passwords carefully.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything