Subject: Re: [boost] [xint] Boost.XInt formal review (Chad Nelson)
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-05 14:11:27

On 05/03/2011 18:47, Phil Endecott wrote:

> Chad has posted a number of outbursts like this in the last few days.

I am partially responsible for this. I used too many superlatives
because I wanted to put Chad in front of the problems in his library --
or rather what I consider to be problems.

> It seems to me that they are unjustified: this particular response was,
> according to how Chad himself has quoted the thread, in response to the
> comment "I don't see how that requires virtual inheritance". I don't
> think anyone has yet agreed with Chad that virtual inheritance is the
> right solution here; it certainly looks mighty odd to me. Yet that
> criticism sends Chad off the rails.
>
> We can't go on like this. I propose that the review be stopped now.
> There should already be enough input for the Review Manager to make a
> decision. If we carry on, this list will turn into the sort of "flame
> fest" that we all know happens elsewhere, but not normally in Boost.

Surely that's not really needed.
I will not be taking part in this discussion any more to avoid it to
further degenerate.