Subject: Re: [boost] [config] Unable to locate boost main tree
From: Belcourt, K. Noel (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-09 10:40:47

Hi John,

On Mar 8, 2011, at 10:22 AM, John Maddock wrote:

>>> I have an up to date copy of boost trunk on a new machine (u233)
>>> running RHEL 6.0 kernel (Santiago).
>> [ here's gcc-4.4.4 on the same hardware / os ]
>>
>> the following macros need to be defined
>> BOOST_HAS_VARIADIC_TMPL BOOST_HAS_PTHREAD_YIELD
>> BOOST_NO_NUMERIC_LIMITS_LOWEST BOOST_NO_FENV_H
>> BOOST_NO_0X_HDR_TYPEINDEX
>>
>> the following macros need to be undef'ed
>> BOOST_NO_VARIADIC_TEMPLATES BOOST_NO_SCOPED_ENUMS
>> BOOST_NO_EXTERN_TEMPLATE BOOST_NO_DELETED_FUNCTIONS
>> BOOST_NO_DEFAULTED_FUNCTIONS BOOST_DEDUCED_TYPENAME
>> BOOST_NO_0X_HDR_INITIALIZER_LIST
>
> And that's totally screwy, to pick one example it says that
> BOOST_NO_EXTERN_TEMPLATE need to be undefined, but it's only ever
> set for
> gcc-2.x!!
>
> I don't understand why, but there's something completely wrong with
> those
> results...
>
> OK double checked, it seems that recent Linux/GCC systems can't cope
> with
> that script - lots of spurious failures - I've regenerated the
> configure
> script with the latest autoconf version and hopefully this is fixed
> now.
> Can you try again?

I'm at rev.

[bkn_at_u235 config]$ svn up
At revision 69772.

and the script still can't locate the boost source tree and passing
arguments doesn't work at all.

[bkn_at_u235 config]$ ./configure
*** ./configure: boost configuration utility ***

Please stand by while exploring compiler capabilities...
Be patient - this could take some time...

Note that this test script only gives an approximate
configuration - you will need to test the results carefully
using the boost regression test suite before using the results.

***

Info : .cpp used as extension for tests
checking for boost main tree... not found
configure: error: The boost main tree was not found.
   Specify its location by the --with-boost option.

-- Noel