Subject: Re: [boost] [XInt] CoW/Move Timings
From: Joachim Faulhaber (afojgo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-12 07:53:10

2011/3/12 Dave Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]>:
> At Thu, 10 Mar 2011 21:33:42 +0300,
> SATAN66613 wrote:
>>
>> Pavel
>> P.S.
>> if you notice a grammar mistake or weird phrasing in my message
>> please point it out
>
> Well, since you asked, your email address is rather weirdly
> constructed; it's almost as though you desire to assault the
> sensibilities of some of your fellow Boosters.  We tend to use our
> real names here and in any case try to promote a civil and
> professional respect in our interactions.  If you care about how your
> communications here is perceived and understood, I suggest finding a
> handle that doesn't make such an aggressive statement.

+1
In my experience Boosters are people who care to contribute and to
develop ideas and innovations for generic library programming. They
also foster a culture of honest and constructive communication.
Choosing one's real name, instead of a pseudonym, seems to me as a
conscious choice of most Boosters to appear as serious and accountable
people in this communication. This culture of free and constructive
communication includes the freedom to appear under pseudonyms, which
is a choice for some.

I do not understand what purpose it is going to serve or what value it
is going to add to deliberately choose a bizarre psyeudonym here that
has the potential to annoy people or hurt their feelings. So I'd like
to second Dave's request. I found it much more courageous if you'd
post under your real name instead of using a "satanic identity". If
you prefer to hide your identity, please choose a more neutral
pseudonym.

Joachim

--
Interval Container Library [Boost.Icl]