Subject: Re: [boost] Religious sensibility (WAS: RE: [XInt] CoW/Move Timings)
From: Cory Nelson (phrosty_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-14 09:11:30

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 5:01 AM, Domagoj Saric
<domagoj.saric_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> "Robert Kawulak" <robert.kawulak_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>>
>> [...] after all, is just another variation [...]
>> [...]
>> So let's just be fair and consistent and equally tolerate all [...] or
>> tolerate none.
>
> In order to facilitate peaceful, constructive and on-topic discussion in
> any non-political/philosophical/religious discussion group a certain
> 'common-law'-like ethos or a common/'axiomatic' set of 'civilized values'
> has to
> be accepted and respected by everyone.
>
> "Absolute tolerance" is just another self-contradicting post-modern idea for
> it would, of course, have to tolerate intolerance.
>
> In a multi-billion population you will find very many people (including
> university professors) that will argue for or have nothing against e.g.
> paedophilia, zoophilia, eugenics, euthanasia etc...
> And, until we "evolve" enough to accept these "behavioural patterns" as
> "generally acceptable", they should not be 'rubbed in' as "acceptable" in
> non-political/philosophical/religious discussion groups...the same goes for
> Satanism...

The guy's handle had Satan in the name. That's all. Argue for people
using their real names if you want, but discussion of satanism or
religion of any kind was never there to begin with.

The only overt "rubbing in" of religion I've ever seen on this board
is in Steven Watanabe's signature, and I've never been offended by it
despite not sharing his beliefs. His display of faith has never
caused the kind of ruckus that this guy's HANDLE has. A little
ridiculous.

--
Cory Nelson