Subject: Re: [boost] Religious sensibility (WAS: RE: [XInt] CoW/Move Timings)
From: Olivier Grant (olivier.grant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-14 10:05:42

Hi All,

I've hardly ever posted on the boost mailing list but have been a follower
for quite some time.

This is getting out of proportion, and that David would feel offended or
fear that certain people would end up offended by an email address
containing the word 'satan' is, honestly, pushing it a bit. Satan must be
one of the most incarnated figures of religious belief in modern media and
is a bit different than if he posted to this mailing list with an email
address containing reference to paedophilia for example.

Pavel did not promote satanism nor did he mention it in his post, as opposed
to certain people who's signature openly display their religious views -
which doesn't really have its place in a C++ development mailing list IMHO.
That never seemed to be a problem in the past, so why the big fuss over an
email address that he probably set-up as a teenager lacking inspiration for
a good nickname ?

O.