Subject: Re: [boost] Religious sensibility (WAS: RE: [XInt] CoW/Move Timings)
From: Julian Gonggrijp (j.gonggrijp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-14 10:14:45

Cory Nelson wrote:

> The guy's handle had Satan in the name. That's all. Argue for people
> using their real names if you want, but discussion of satanism or
> religion of any kind was never there to begin with.
>
> [...]

I agree with the above two reactions. In my opinion, it doesn't matter what
your email address looks like as long as your real name appears in the
"From:" field. Vladimir Prus and Hal Finkel pointed out good reasons why the
real name should be included.

If somebody in the list happens to be a satanist (or a christian, a
vegetarian or a postal service employee) I don't think they have to take
special effort or change their habits in order to hide that fact.

Apart from that: I never expected my first post to this list would have
anything to do with satanism!

-Julian