Subject: Re: [boost] Religious sensibility (WAS: RE: [XInt] CoW/Move Timings)
From: pavel novikov (paul.cpprules_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-14 14:12:26

on Monday, March 14, 2011 at 17:14:45
 Julian wrote:
> Apart from that: I never expected my first post to this list would have
> anything to do with satanism!
welcome to the boost mailing list!

on Monday, March 14, 2011 at 17:05:42
 Olivier wrote:
> That never seemed to be a problem in the past, so why the big fuss over an
> email address that he probably set-up as a teenager lacking inspiration for
> a good nickname ?
you are sooooooo right! other cool names were occupied

on Monday, March 14, 2011 at 16:01:01
 Arindam wrote:
> I am a little flummoxed at the amount of tension this has generated. I would
> really not care how your email address is spelt as long as what you write in
> the subject and body of your email does not offend me and does not violate
> the rules of the list. The email id is really your personal business, not
> mine, not anybody elses. I am entitled to have a personal take on it - I
> might think it is irreverent, ungodly, unsatanly, anti-karmic, polytheistic,
> weird or in completely bad taste - but I don't think I have a right to show
> my prejudice against you on the forum, or demand that you use an email id
> that doesn't offend me.

> If it is still a big issue, I'd expect the list admins to put in rules to
> check each email id and block those that are deemed offensive (and I know
> that sounds Draconian and pointless, not to mention un-foolproof).
actually i expected that day would come
but i didn't expect such heavy discussion on this (off)topic
i conclude that this is important for the list since the thread keeps
revolving
eventually Dave could tell me about his thoughts on my email address
off the list in order not to disturb others

anyway it's no problem for me if you care
and... am i already a star of this list?

--
Pavel
P.S.