Subject: [boost] [shared_ptr] ISA issue on MIPS
From: Oliver Kowalke (oliver.kowalke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-15 10:33:55

Hi,

as I can read in the archive of the mailing list - several times an issue related to the invalid opcode poped of.

It seams that it is not fixed in the current code.

MIPS has several ISAs (instruction set architectures) - the file boost/smart_ptr/detail/sp_counted_base_gcc_mips.hpp uses in its inline assembler ll/sc opcode which was added to MIPS II ISA.

If you compile boost for MIPS I ISA (which gcc does by default on all LINUX installations I've seen) you get an assembler error like 'opcode not supported on this processor : mips1 (ll/sc)'

What about patching sp_counted_base_gcc_mips.hpp to work even if gcc uses MIPS I ISA (see appended patch - others already suggested)?

regards,
Oliver