Subject: Re: [boost] [chrono] Interoperability with ICL and common concepts
From: Howard Hinnant (howard.hinnant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-15 16:50:22

On Mar 15, 2011, at 4:39 PM, Joachim Faulhaber wrote:

> 2011/3/15 Vicente Botet <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]>:
>>
>> In any case all the added functions should be accessible only if
>> BOOST_CHRONO_EXTENSIONS is defined, so semantic compatibility with
>> std::chrono is maintained.
>
> Is std::chrono already accepted and frozen in the new standard?

Technically nothing is frozen in the new standard as it hasn't been voted to FDIS yet. That could happen as soon as 11 days from now. But may not happen until this Summer or Fall, or even beyond (I hope not).

I consider the std::chrono specification in the current working draft (http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2011/n3242.pdf) to be quite stable. To change it now would require a serious defect. New features (even new tweaks to existing features) are not being considered at this time. A new feature might be introduced via TR2 though.

-Howard