Subject: Re: [boost] OK to remove Concept related config macros?
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-16 14:33:28

>/home/hunold/src/devel/boost/boost/type_traits/common_type.hpp:70:22:
>warning:
>variadic templates only available with -std=c++0x or -std=gnu++0x
>/home/hunold/src/devel/boost/boost/type_traits/common_type.hpp:150:46:
>warning: variadic templates only available with -std=c++0x or -std=gnu++0x
>
>as soon as TypeTraits are used.
>This ist gcc-4.5, gcc-4.4 and gcc-4.6 (Mingw)

OK here's the lowdown:

GCC *does* support a number of C++0x features in non-C++0x mode, including
variadic templates... that's because these features are used within the std
lib.... but... gcc emits copious warnings if you use these features without
turning off all warnings from the header that uses them with #pragma
system_header. This also causes some of the type_traits tests to fail
because they're run with warnings-as-errors. Oh and there's no way to
selectively turn these warnings off, or to selectively turn them into errors
:-(

So.... what I think I'll do, is disable those features again, and code the
tests to emit a #error in non-C++0x mode.

John.