Subject: Re: [boost] [Review] Type Traits Extension ending tomorrow
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-17 09:01:59

With apologies for the late review -

I think the extension to type_traits should be accepted into Boost, it's a
needed and useful extension to the existing library.

I think the comments to the effect that the default for the return value
should be changed from void to "dont_care" or some such type are correct.

I'm not much concerned whether it's possible to check for void return types
as I can't think of a use for that ;-)

Possibly the most controvertial part of the library is the names used for
the traits classes - I think the existing names used by Frédéric are
consistent, and I would be perfectly happy with them - but I'm not against
changing them either if there are better options.

I notice there are some non-ASCII characters in the header file copyrights -
I can't remember off hand whether we still prohibit that, but I suspect we
do (with apologies to all non-English folk!!)

I realise this is a bit of a short review, but I can't think of anything
else to say at present.... just get 'em in Boost ;-)

Regards, John.