Subject: Re: [boost] [Config] Big changes in C++0x detection...
From: Noah Roberts (roberts.noah_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-17 12:29:52

On 3/16/2011 1:53 PM, Stephan T. Lavavej wrote:
> [Noah Roberts]
>> The VS2010 compiler's decltype implementation gets a lot of
>> things wrong though. It'll result in "T const" rather than "T" when
>> used in auto returns and it gets function types wrong. I can't at the
>> moment immediately think of the exact reproduction steps but I do know
>> that decltype as implemented by 2010 is pretty far from being compliant.
>> I still use it but every once in a while run into its issues.
>
> Please report such bugs through Microsoft Connect instead of suffering in silence. If they affect you as a Boost developer or Boost user, please explain that too - it helps us to understand the impact of a bug.
>
> Obviously we try to find and fix bugs ourselves, but submitting bug reports helps us help you. :->

I tried that route as have several others. Official response was, "We
know, suck it." Maybe they'll fix it in the next version, but they've
known that decltype had problems before they released 2010 and even in
SP1 it's not on the list of fixes.

Maybe it is fixed in SP1, I haven't applied the patch yet (since the
2005 SP1 screwed us hard we now test things out before going forward and
haven't had the chance).