Subject: Re: [boost] [1.47] New libraries
From: Michael Caisse (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-17 12:41:26

On 03/17/2011 02:24 AM, Daniel James wrote:
> On 17 March 2011 08:52, Thomas Heller<thom.heller_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> There are still some unresolved issues. Mainly how to deal with the
>> migration of Boost.Bind, Boost.Lambda and Phoenix V2. There hasn't
>> been any discussion regarding that.
>>
> I don't think it'd be a good idea to do anything to bind or lambda in
> this release. Was there a consensus on replacing them? Personally, I'd
> like to keep the existing Boost.Bind, even if in a different
> namespace. I appreciate its relative simplicity and portability.
>
> Daniel

I would like to echo this sentiment. IMHO a good plan would be to
release Phoenix V3 in 1.47 as a first class citizen. That will increase
the exposure of the library and provide more confidence to users in
selecting Phoenix over BLL and possibly Boost.Bind. As releases
continue, then we can add forwarding headers and other mechanism to
eventually deprecate BLL.

Thomas has done an excellent job at mitigating the technical issues for
migration to Phoenix; however, we should not hold up release of the
library while the logistics are being considered.

michael

--
Michael Caisse
Object Modeling Designs