Subject: [boost] [phoenix] Upcoming release - What about the rest?
From: Thomas Heller (thom.heller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-17 17:51:33

Hi all,

The next boost release is nearing and I want to include Phoenix.
However, there are some questions that needs to be solved.

How to deal with Boost.Bind and Boost.Lambda?
First of all, I don't think its a good idea to remove either of those.
However, should Phoenix deprecate Boost.Bind and Boost.Lambda?
If yes, how should this deprecation be handled?
My main concern is that most users will just continue to use BB and
BLL just because of their names.

What about Phoenix V2?
For V2 I have a clearer vision. I would like to have three phases:
1) Have V2 and V3 coexist in the tree, have a macro that decides which version
    should be included. will default to V2
2) deprecate V2, change the default of the macro introduced in 1) to V3
Alternatives:
3 a) remove phoenix v2
3 b) move phoenix v2 to another namespace so that V3 and V2 don't
interfere anymore

Best regards,
Thomas