Subject: Re: [boost] A possible GSOC 2011 proposal idea
From: Andrew Sutton (asutton.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-20 13:56:04

>> Before I write up my proposal, I wish to solicit the community response
>> regarding the integration of an linear programming (LP) solver into Boost.
>> An LP solver is library designed to solve LP problems. An LP problem is
>> any problem of the form

> I really like this idea and would be willing to mentor such an effort.
> Please go ahead and submit your proposal as soon as the submission is open.

I also think this is a great summer project and would definitely
encourage you to submit a proposal for this project. I would also
strongly recommend that spend some time investigating other LP solver
libraries and compare/contrast your approach to these as part of your
proposal. This will help give you (and us) more perspective on design
alternatives.

Hartmut, I can't invite mentors for a couple of days. the GSoC folks
have managed to disable that feature while they roll out a new version
of their web app. Should be sometime toward the end of the week that I
can start sending out invitations.

Andrew