Subject: Re: [boost] A possible GSOC 2011 proposal idea
From: Jeremy Maitin-Shepard (jeremy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-20 14:06:18

On 03/20/2011 05:17 AM, Chad Seibert wrote:
> Hello Community!
>
> Before I write up my proposal, I wish to solicit the community response
> regarding the integration of an linear programming (LP) solver into Boost.
> [snip]

Maybe you're already familiar with the MATLAB package cvx or similar
such packages for python?

As creating a fast solver for LPs and other similar optimization
problems is a rather involved engineering task, it might be better to
create something that can provide a unified, high-level interface to
many of the existing commercial and open source solvers, rather than
writing your own solver.