Subject: [boost] [release][1.47] Release branch open + schedule
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-21 05:00:25

Hello everyone,

It's been over a week since the release, so it's time to open the
release branch.

Since we're running late, and we haven't discussed the changes to the
schedule, and I think it helps people to pace their development, we
should probably decide on a schedule for this release pretty quickly,
and then discuss the schedule for future releases later.

We discussed having longer betas, 4 weeks was suggested. If we do that
this time, it'll leave a very small window for merging to release, so
I think 3 weeks might be better. Something like:

4th April: Release branch closed for beta (bug fixes only).
11th April: Beta target date.
2nd May: Release target date.

Note: That's just a proposal, not the actual schedule. It isn't up to me.

That's still a tight schedule, maybe a shorter beta or a delayed
release would be better. Any thoughts?

Daniel