Subject: Re: [boost] [release][1.47] Release branch open + schedule
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-25 22:22:09

Hi,

We are aware that the current proposed schedule is

4th April: Release branch closed for beta (bug fixes only).
11th April: Beta target date.
2nd May: Release target date.

(As proposed by Daniel James on the Boost-dev list)

It's a very tight schedule, and one that we cannot meet if we are to
introduce Phoenix. It is not that Phoenix is not ready for release.
Actually, it is doing admirably in tests. However, the main client of
Phoenix is Spirit. While there is already a patch to port Spirit to
Phoenix-3, we need some more time to iron-out the wrinkles and let it
settle for a while to assure stability.

At a minimum, we will need 2 more weeks to achieve a smooth transition.
If we can move the closing of the release branch for beta to the 15th of
April, it will give us sufficient time to have Phoenix ready for
release. Without an extension we will not be able to release Phoenix
V3 this time.

Please understand that this is not a hard request. If a delay is not
possible, then we would gladly wait for the next release cycle.

Thank you very much.

Hartmut kaiser
Joel de Guzman
Thomas Heller