Subject: Re: [boost] [odeint] gsoc 2011: finalization of odeint
From: Andrew Sutton (asutton.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-22 10:28:06

Hi Mario,

> What are my plans for a GSoC?
> 1. There are still some parts of the library which are not satisfactorily
> designed and need to be rethought. This is where we could really need the
> help of an experienced mentor to create a clean, well structured library.
> 2. Add methods with varying order (burlisch stoer).
> 3. Add dense output and error control to the generic runge-kutta
> implementation.
> 4. Add convenience function that allow users an easier access to the
> libraries capabilities.
> 5. Create an observer interface that allows the user to analyze properties
> of the system while integrating the equations.
> 6. Make everything ready for a boos review.

I think that this sounds like a great project. I'm not sure how
complex the various tasks are, so I couldn't say whether or not the
plan is feasible, but I tend towards optimism :)

I hope that we can find a mentor with some domain experience. If not,
I might be able to help. I don't know a great deal about the domain,
but I can help with design issues.

I'm looking forward to seeing the full proposal.

Andrew