Subject: Re: [boost] [review scoreboards]
From: Sid Sacek (ssacek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-22 19:27:29

-----Original Message-----
From: boost-bounces_at_[hidden] [mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Julian Gonggrijp
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 11:58 AM

> How important is it for you to read these reviews?

I really would like to, but I find the sheer number of emails and the ensuing debates a bit daunting.

Plus, the fact that the crucial review information being concentrated in a single location would make it so much easier.

> It would have to be automated, it would have to work really well and
> it would have to forward the reviews to the mailing list because most
> mailing list members will still prefer to get them by email.
> I think it's unlikely that someone will be willing to build such a
> system for free.

What? isn't it a single web page with some JavaScript?

> I suspect that most reviewers will prefer to stick with the mailing
> list because they're reading the list anyway.
> -Julian

I believe that attitude is similar to when the automobile was invented, and more recently the computer itself. How many of these boosters don't drive or own a computer?

-Sid