Subject: Re: [boost] Library format required for inclusion in Boost
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-22 20:33:14

AMDG

On 03/22/2011 05:11 PM, Mathias Gaunard wrote:
> I'd like to ask a few questions about what libraries that wish to be
> included into Boost must look like, and I would like to know whether
> libraries need to fulfill those requirements for the review or can do
> so later.

Personally, for build-system things, as long as it's
basic enough that it's not too hard to set up the
Jamfiles (which should be most libraries. Complicated
configuration should not be the norm), I don't really
care whether they're done before the review. It takes
a bit of work to get it integrated into the trunk anyway.

> Build system: integration with Boost.Build is necessary, additional
> CMake scripts is a plus.

Yep.

> Documentation: the Boostbook toolchain seems recommended, but not
> necessary. Is that correct?

Yep.

> How free are we? Does the documentation necessarily need to be
> generated with Boost.Build as well?

If it requires building, then it should use Boost.Build.
If you just check in html, then no.

> Test system: something that the regression test suite can eat. What is
> that format? Is that restricted to Boost.Test run through Boost.Build?

It doesn't have to use Boost.Test. It does need
to use the Boost.Build testing modules (run,
compile, compile-fail, etc.) and it needs to
be run by status/Jamfile.v2

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe