Subject: Re: [boost] Missing Documentation on Building and Installing Documentation.
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-23 06:12:02

Stirling Westrup wrote:

> 1) Attempt to explicitly attract technical writers and editors to be
> Boost contributors, and try to ensure that their work is welcomed.

That would work if there were some "Boost management" that actively posts
"job listings" for "Boost technical writer" position. Unforturnately,
I believe that most folks currently involved with Boost at pretty much
at their capacity, and mechanisms for setting global direction pretty
much don't exist.

What this means is if you want to improve documentation, you should
either fix it yourself, or somehow attact technical writers ;-)

> 2) Create some preliminary bjam methods to relocate the Boost
> documentation to standard install directories for those OSes that have
> them.

It's the first time I hear that documentation refers to headers in a way
that breaks when documentation is moved. That seems kinda strange
approach.

- Volodya

--
Vladimir Prus