Subject: [boost] [config] Does it work with compilers in C mode ?
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-24 10:00:35

Is there any guarantee that the configuration files will work with a C
compiler or a C++ compiler in C mode ? Is there anything in the
configuration files which is C++ specific ?

I am working on bringing my variadic macro data library into Boost PP,
and I wanted to use the BOOST_NO_VARIADIC_MACROS in config, but Paul
Mensonides was concerned that Boost PP should work with a C compiler and
that config could have something that is C++ specific, and therefore be
unusable for Boost PP. I would rather not reduplicate the logic of
BOOST_NO_VARIADIC_MACROS in Boost PP, even though I was the one to add
it to config, because it puts the same code in two different places.