Subject: Re: [boost] [documentation] doxygen tags and ALIASES.
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-24 12:59:52

here:

> > http://bit.ly/en9JsR
> >
> > First I used snippets but Mateusz convinced me that it should really
> > be complete examples including headerfiles. And I agree completely now.
> >
> > This is the same way cplusplus does it , e.g.
> >
> > <http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/algorithm/sort/>
> >
> > which is really useful.
>
> I usually use quickbook's snippet extraction, and include a link to the
actual
> source.

I think Steven is right that this is a good combination.

The snippet avoids too much irrelevant 'housekeeping' that confuses the
important part of the example.

And you can mix explanations between several snippets.

And the snippets are certain to be what has been compiled (can't get out of
sync).

But you may need the full example to see all the details, and to try to run
it (and perhaps modify it for your purposes).

Doxygen has \example but I've not used that in anger yet. I think it
includes the whole example file, and is mainly useful if you are looking at
the standalone Doxygen format (which has some good aspects), but not so
useful if using Quickbook etc.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,