Subject: [boost] GSoC'11 [Own Idea] -Mentor Needed
From: Sitesh Shrivastava (siteshshrivastava_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-26 01:26:19

Hello Everyone!,
I am a Junior Undergraduate at BIT Mesra, one of the premier institutes in
the field of Engineering and Sciences in India, pursuing Computer Science &
Engineering.
I am looking forward for a challenging project as a part of GSOC '11 under
Boost Organisation during summers. I would like to put forward my own idea
for a Library which is:

   - Templatized General Purpose Tree based data structures and algorithms
   for them

The idea is to provide template based containers which will provide general
purpose tree containers as there are for Stack, Queue and few others in the
Standard Template Library. As of now, I would like to propose the library to
consist of 5 containers which includes:
1. Binary Search Trees
2. Red-Black Trees
3. B-Trees
4. Binomial Heaps
5. Fibonacci Heaps
Now, these containers will provide the used a generic container set as they
are used along with their common operations like Insertion, Deletion, Search
etc. Also, they will provide the user with specific operations for each type
of container like, Decreasing key of a node in Fibonacci Heaps, Rotation in
Red-Black Trees etc.
[PS: Any Additions as well as Modifications are welcome to be put forward]

I am looking forward towards Boost Community so that I can find a mentor for
this project. I would like to discuss more about the details of the above
project so that I can contribute to the Boost as well as OSS Community. I
would like to mention that I have strong foundations in algorithm intensive
programming and have advanced foundations in C/C++ too. I am fully aware of
the responsibilities and requirements for this position. To consolidate my
knowledge in the fields of interest, I have acquired conceptual knowledge in
the fields of algorithms and data structures & have done basic projects in
these fields too.

 If any further information is required, I would be glad to furnish the
same.

--
Regards,
Sitesh Shrivastava