Subject: Re: [boost] GSoC'11 [Own Idea] -Mentor Needed
From: Andrew Sutton (asutton.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-26 09:44:21

Hi Sitesh

> The idea is to provide template based containers which will provide general
> purpose tree containers as there are for Stack, Queue and few others in the
> Standard Template Library. As of now, I would like to propose the library to
> consist of 5 containers which includes:
> 1. Binary Search Trees
> 2. Red-Black Trees
> 3. B-Trees
> 4. Binomial Heaps
> 5. Fibonacci Heaps

I don't believe that this would be a suitable GSoC project for Boost.
The C++ Standard Library already uses red-black trees to implement set
and map, there has been recent work on B-trees (B+ trees?) for Boot
and, (as Tim says), he worked on binomial and fibonacci heaps last
summer.

If you are serious about submitting a proposal for Boost, then your
best bet is to identify a single data structure or small set of
closely related data structures that are either not in the Standard
Library or Boost, or are not well-supported in either library.

Best regards,

Andrew