Subject: [boost] [context review] Updated vote
From: Giovanni Piero Deretta (gpderetta_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-28 09:46:41

Hi all,

There is a lack of reviews so far and the review deadline is getting
close; as I really, really would like to see a context switching
library into boost in one way or another, I would like to change my
vote from a negative to conditional acceptance. These are the
conditions:

- A C (or low level), light weight API is publicly exposed and documented
- Context is made movable, without additional memory allocation for
non legacy (i.e. ucontext) implementations.
- The documentation is polished and expanded with a discussion on
context switching and use cases.

I do not think these points are particularly contentious as Oliver has
already stated that at least the first two is in his TODO list and
that he will make context movable.

Of course I would like Oliver to address the other points raised by me
and others reviewers.

I also encourage Oliver to engage more in discussions with the
reviewers; the mail threads just died off after a few replies and not
all issues raised were discussed.

--
gpd