Subject: Re: [boost] [GSOC]SIMD Library
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-30 11:16:43

On 30/03/2011 15:11, Domagoj Saric wrote:

> ps. does NT2 provide a way to choose/use multiple instruction sets?

Not out of the box.
What you could do is compile your code several times with different
options and make each version into a separate dll, then select the right
dll to load at runtime.

Alternatively you could also compile the code at runtime.

We have things that can do that in the work for NT2 that we use for OpenCL.

> Important so that one can, for example, detect the level of SSE
> supported by the machine and switch to an appropriate routine...

Boost.SIMD does not have knowledge of high-level routines, and obviously
you don't want to switch on each basic function...