Subject: Re: [boost] [GSOC]SIMD Library
From: Joel Falcou (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-30 13:12:21

On 30/03/11 14:56, Domagoj Saric wrote:
> No, it supports float just does not provide an SSE1-only
> implementation (uses plain x87/standard C++ for pre-SSE2 CPUs)...

OK so we can have a look if needed.

> Speaking of which, what is the difference between NT2 and Eigen?

NT2 is more than linear algebra, tries to be boost/std compliant, is
proto based and aims
at being as close to matlab as possible so the learnign curve for
scientist is not huge.

> ...and what do you think/hope/plan, would a foreseeable
> Boost.SIMD+Range+Math+uBLAS combination provide the Boost equivalent
> of Eigen or is that outside the scope of Boost (or it is just to early
> to speculate)..?

O, like Boost.NT2 ? Well Dave asked me the same question at last year
Boost'Con.
We have diverging view on how the library should live but we are open to
bring
parts of nt2 into boost when it makes sense (hence boost.simd). but nt2
should live his own life
but by beign boost comaptible, it should be usable next to it.