Boost logo

Boost :

Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Log status
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-01 02:10:50

Andrey Semashev wrote:

> On 04/01/2011 01:42 AM, Vladimir Prus wrote:
>> What I meant -- do you really want to work against Phoenix V3, which is bleeding
>> edge and might not have yet be fully ready?
> Are there other options? As I said in another reply, porting to Phoenix
> v2 is not very productive, especially when v3 is in SVN already. Not to
> do anything and wait until v3 gets more stable and mature? It might be
> ok, but I'd like to make all interface breaking changes before Boost.Log
> v2 is released and I don't want to delay the release that long.

I honestly have no idea whether using V2 now and porting to V3 later
will be more effort or less than using V3 right away. Hopefully, somebody
more competent can comment on this -- if not, you get to pick ;-)

Vladimir Prus
Mentor Graphics
+7 (812) 677-68-40

Boost list run by bdawes at, gregod at, cpdaniel at, john at