Boost logo

Boost :

Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Log status
From: Thomas Heller (thom.heller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-01 02:44:13

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 8:10 AM, Vladimir Prus <vladimir_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Andrey Semashev wrote:
>> On 04/01/2011 01:42 AM, Vladimir Prus wrote:
>>> What I meant -- do you really want to work against Phoenix V3, which is bleeding
>>> edge and might not have yet be fully ready?
>> Are there other options? As I said in another reply, porting to Phoenix
>> v2 is not very productive, especially when v3 is in SVN already. Not to
>> do anything and wait until v3 gets more stable and mature? It might be
>> ok, but I'd like to make all interface breaking changes before Boost.Log
>> v2 is released and I don't want to delay the release that long.
> I honestly have no idea whether using V2 now and porting to V3 later
> will be more effort or less than using V3 right away. Hopefully, somebody
> more competent can comment on this -- if not, you get to pick ;-)

Phoenix V3 certainly has some remaining hick ups with certain
But overall I believe its quite stable. Besides, we will never know if
it is really mature enough
when everyone decides not to use it cause they think its not mature
enough. Viscous circle.

I recently ported spirit to Phoenix V3. It was an effort of about a
week with only minor changes. The
test runner result look okayish ( ).
Working on resolving these issues in
the next few days.

I think porting to Phoenix V3 now is the best option: Phoenix V3
hasn't been part of an official release yet,
this means we can change some APIs or semantics easily if you find
something that is not working out quite
well with your use case.


Boost list run by bdawes at, gregod at, cpdaniel at, john at