Subject: Re: [boost] [shifted_ptr] Review Request
From: Phil Bouchard (philippe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-05 20:39:54

On 4/5/2011 7:39 AM, Thomas Klimpel wrote:

[...]

> But I would suggest a much easier step first. Your presentation already exists, and it has many nice pictures and illustrates many points. Yet I have the impression that it still fails to convey the information that also some of the reviewers missed in 2003. Why don't we try to "review" and improve this presentation first? To be honest, I would really like to know what "shifted_ptr" is (or wants to be). As there is already a 28 page presentation and many examples, this should hopefully be a goal that can be achieved.

I just added descriptions on each page of the presentation explaining
what is being demonstrated.

Furthermore you'll also notice a problem with the Mark & Sweep algorithm
on slides 7 & 8, where a parent node still referencing a child node is
being deleted. Slides 26 & 27 shows how this is not a problem with
shifted_ptr<>.

-Phil