Subject: Re: [boost] Interest in doing project "concept Traits library"
From: Rachit Kulshreshtha (rachit.k24_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-06 15:16:23

Hey,

Having gone through a good amount of information available over the net, i
would like to propose that since we all know about the need for generic
programming and the value of "concepts" in programming, to implement all the
concept traits functions under C++ standard concept traits into another
library for boost without the imperfections with which they exist in their
present form. This library will have all the necessary functions to enable
the user to use the generalized components in a wide variety of situations
and also for meta programming.

Most of the functions in their present form have some glitches associated
with them like for example...

::boost::is_assignable<T1,T2>::value ,

will give an error instead of a false value if the class\union T1 has no
accessible assignment operator. Some more such discrepancies exist in the
current form of C++ Standard concept trait library. And the idea is to
re-write the entire thing without such imperfections and making it perfect.

The reason i mentioned meta programming in this is that if time permits then
i would like to carry the same thing to the concept part of MPL so that we
have a fully functional library without any special - case errors.

Please correct me if i am wrong somewhere or missing something. Your help is
highly appreciated.

Regards,
Rachit Kulshreshtha