Subject: [boost] [accumulators] maintainer needed (was: accurate sum accumulator (kahan))
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-12 01:36:31

I confess I haven't given this library the attention it needs. It's due
to the fact that I have many competing demands for my time, and also
because I'm not actually a statistician -- Matthias Troyer did that
part, but I know he's busy, too -- so I don't really feel qualified to
make certain changes. This is an uncomfortable position to be in, so I
figured I'd ask for help. So, is there anybody with a mathematical bent
and an interest in Boost.Accumulators who would like to help out with
the backlog of bugs and patches to this library? I would stay on as
assistant maintainer to help with the tricky meta-programming.

Gaetano, see below.

On 4/10/2011 10:48 PM, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
> On 27/07/2010 15:04, Eric Niebler wrote:
>>>
>>> Done.
>>
>> (For those playing along at home, the ticket is here:
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4471)
>>
>> Thanks. This needs documentation, though. Like I said, I don't care
>> about formatting, just tell what what text you'd like to see inserted
>> where in the docs and I'll do it.
>
> Hi all,
> I see the ticket for the kahan accumulator:
>
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4471
>
> is still "open", do you need something else to be done?

I don't think you ever responded to my request to add the needed docs to
the patch, did you?

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing