Subject: Re: [boost] [trac] Misuse of trac system by spammer
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-12 11:10:09

On 4/12/2011 9:59 AM, Joachim Faulhaber wrote:

>>> Yep, it happens from time to time, I couldn't find any other tickets by
>>> this guy, so I just deleted that one ticket.

>>> I seem to remember Rene has tried to suppress these as far as is
>>> possible, but nothings 100% foolproof... :-(
>>
>> The suppression of these is actually working rather good at the moment, to
>> the order of better than 95%. But, yes, it's impossible for something to be
>> totally miscreant proof. I also marked the ticket as SPAM in the system so
>> that hopefully in some near future the detection will improve with Askimet.
>
> ... good to know that you are caring about the problem. Thank you :)
>
> Is there a standard way of dealing with the residual cases that slip
> through the defenses?

The standard way for any trac spam is to post here about it. But usually
one of the trac admins notices before an email can go out. For example
past week. Hence we tend to get to them quickly since we see them on the
trac emails. But we do need to sleep ;-) Not sure why we've had a spike
this past week though. And just think.. 4 is a spike now.. It used to be
100 was a spike some months ago!

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything