Subject: [boost] Installation fails if env VMS is set
From: Dreamcat4 (dreamcat4_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-12 11:54:27

Hi,

Over on the Boost-Users mailinglist we have found that this
environment variable (and perhaps unknown but maybe others) will cause
bootstrap.sh / Jam failure during the Boost libraries compile and
install.

Heres the full thread:

http://lists.boost.org/boost-users/2011/04/67716.php

You (or Jam developement team) may wish to consider taking some kind
of action to avoid this as VMS is a very common acronym for "Virtual
Machines". Its usage elsewhere is widespread and certainly not
Boost-specific.

Other choices of course - maybe look towards documenting such usag(es)
if they cannot be easily avoided. Or consider ways to detect / warn /
clean out the users shell environment variables if they are
conflicting. Sorry I cant help any further however as a new user I
simply have no experience with the Boost library yet.

Many thanks.

dreamcat4
dreamcat4_at_[hidden]