Subject: Re: [boost] Fw: [locale] Formal review of Boost.Locale library
From: Ryou Ezoe (boostcpp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-14 16:48:28

>Take a look on libs/locale/examples/wboundary.cpp.
It use L encoding prefix.
Of course MSVC use UTF-16 for L prefix.
In fact, you can save wboundary.cpp in any encoding that support
Japanese such as Shift-JIS, EUC-JP or JIS and UTFs encoding and it
still works.
MSVC automaticlly convert it for you.

string literal with no encoding prefix is still ASCII or other MBCS encoding.