Subject: Re: [boost] [locale] review part 2.2: source
From: Gevorg Voskanyan (v_gevorg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-15 10:46:42

Artyom wrote:
> > line 211: I would tend to use
> > icu-sources = [ glob icu/*.cpp ] ;
> > result += <source>$(icu-sources)
> > I see you're using something like
> > this later on.
> >

> The problem comes when you want to put something
> temporary there out of project.
>
> Never liked glob

Liking or not glob may be a matter of taste, but here Steven was also suggesting
to drop the 'for' loop and take advantage of variable expansion semantics
instead. The code can be simplified to:
local s = boundary codecvt ... ;
result += <source>$(s).cpp ;

> > line 278: Boost.Thread ought to set this flag
> > automatically. I'm assuming from the fact
> > that you have it, that it doesn't.
> > Looks
> > like a bug in the thread Jamfile.

I'd say rather a bug in boost Jamroot, should have <define>BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB=1 in
project's usage requirements.

> > (Similarly,
> > you should add <define>BOOST_LOCALE_NO_LIB
> > in the usage requirements of boost_locale)
>
> I explain, I use boost.thread's mutexes but I don't
> want to link with this library. So in many cases
> I use header-only boost.thread so I prefer specify
> explicitly that I don't need Boost.Thread
>
> (Boost.Thread is linked only for ICU backend where TLS is needed)

Provided Boost.Locale lives in the boost tree, there is no need for
<define>BOOST_THREAD_NO_LIB=1 as boost's Jamroot has <define>BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB=1
in project requirements.

> > test/Jamfile.v2: You don't actually need
> > test-suite. test-suite is exactly the
> > same as alias.
> >

> What do you mean?

alias boost_locale_test