Subject: Re: [boost] [locale] Review. Internationalization library?
From: Artyom (artyomtnk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-16 08:46:53

----- Original Message ----

I had completely rewritten this section.

See: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/217866

> From my side if the library was named Boost.Internationalization
> I'm sure I would had take a look long time ago. Do you think that this
>renaming
> (or a shorter one) will cover the whole library or there are parts of the
>library
> that don't fall in the internationalization domain?

Actually there are 3 terms:

- Internationalization (i18n)- the preparation of the software to support
  different cultures
- Localization (l10n) - adopting the software for specific culture.
- Globalization - 118n+l10n (not really used outside Microsoft terminology)

This way or other I'd prefer not to rename the library as there already
users all around and I don't think it would benefit from it much.
Especially that locale is quite short name.

> As the review period has been extended, I will try to review at least the
>documentation.

Thanks.

Artyom