Subject: [boost] [locale] Formal review of Boost.Locale library EXTENDED
From: Chad Nelson (chad.thecomfychair_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-17 09:05:30

(This message made it to the announcements list, but the copy intended
for the developers list didn't make it and I hadn't noticed. I
apologize if this inconvenienced anyone.)

There have been only a handful of reviews of the proposed Boost.Locale
library to date, and several people have requested more time to provide
theirs, so the formal review of the Boost.Locale library has been
extended. The deadline for reviews is now 11:59pm UTC on Friday, April
22nd. For those in the Western hemisphere, remember that that's earlier
than it might seem -- 7:59pm in New York, 4:59 in Los Angeles.

I'll accept late reviews until I complete the report on Saturday
morning, but please try to get yours in earlier.

You can find the "boost_locale_for_review" version here:

    https://sourceforge.net/projects/cppcms/files/boost_locale/

The HTML documentation can also be seen at:

    http://cppcms.sourceforge.net/boost_locale/html/index.html

Writing a review
================

If you feel this is an interesting library, then please submit your
review to the developer list (preferably), or to the review manager
(me).

Here are some questions you might want to answer in your review:
- What is your evaluation of the design?
- What is your evaluation of the implementation?
- What is your evaluation of the documentation?
- What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?
- Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have any
  problems?
- How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A quick
  reading? In-depth study?
- Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?

And finally, every review should answer this question:

- Do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost library?

Be sure to say this explicitly so that your other comments don't
obscure your overall opinion.

--
Chad Nelson
Oak Circle Software, Inc.