Subject: Re: [boost] [locale] Formal review of Boost.Locale library EXTENDED
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-18 09:53:00

OK, this is cheating, but I'm going to cut to the chase (though I have read
the helpful docs) ;-)

> - Do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost library?

If Steven has spent 20 hours studying it, and reckons it is OK, that's good
enough for me!

(And give that man a medal!)

I doubt if Boost.Locale is perfect, but if it makes some paths across the
morass that is 'Internationalization', then that's progress.

Paul

PS Without wishing to sound too British - "If the natives don't understand,
just shout louder.",
I have little sympathy with the view expressed that no knowledge of English
should be required.
(Is this the cost of Japanese failure in the 80's to succeed in their
ambition to dominate hardware and software with a world-beating language in
Japanese?)

C++ just is a language in English, so you must surely expect to have some
rudimentary knowledge of this useful language.