Boost logo

Boost :

Subject: Re: [boost] next version dates
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-18 12:28:57

On 18 April 2011 14:56, Thomas Heller <thom.heller_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> More communication to the library developers would be appreciated!

I wrote an email suggesting that we should decide on a schedule
quickly, I didn't receive a response for 5 days. That gives the
opposite impression.

> We worked hard to get Phoenix V3 ready for release within our proposed dates.
> There was neither conformal nor denial whether these dates were good.

I think I was pretty clear that nothing was happening.

> And suddenly
> the current state is considered not release worthy ...
> I am disappointed by this information policy.

A release takes time to prepare. At least a month given the desire for
longer beta periods. Since we haven't started, it's unlikely that
we've got enough time for a release before boostcon.

> I would like to see at least a beta version of 1.47 before boostcon so
> people who are
> listening to talks can actually download and try the code we are presenting.

This is the first time I've heard that, I was under the impression
that it could wait for the next release cycle, which would be after

Boost list run by bdawes at, gregod at, cpdaniel at, john at