Boost logo

Boost :

Subject: Re: [boost] next version dates
From: Thomas Heller (thom.heller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-18 09:56:23

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 9:00 PM, Daniel James <dnljms_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 17 April 2011 18:40, Andy Tompkins <atompkins_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Has it been decided the dates relevant to the next version?
> No, it hasn't. This release has been disrupted by the point release
> from the last cycle and the standards meeting. IMO we shouldn't start
> the beta until after BoostCon. It's less than a month away, which I
> don't think is enough time to release from the state we're at.
What state are you referring to? What has changed since your last
proposed schedule?

More communication to the library developers would be appreciated!
We worked hard to get Phoenix V3 ready for release within our proposed dates.
There was neither conformal nor denial whether these dates were good.
And suddenly
the current state is considered not release worthy ...
I am disappointed by this information policy.

I would like to see at least a beta version of 1.47 before boostcon so
people who are
listening to talks can actually download and try the code we are presenting.


Boost list run by bdawes at, gregod at, cpdaniel at, john at